- Name the free online travel guide launched by Wikipedia built collaboratively by contributors from all around the globe.
- Which was the first carmaker to integrate Apple's Siri personal assistant into its vehicles?
- ________ is a way to shut down all Internet traffic. Widely used during the Arab spring.
- This is a kind of cybersquatting and relies upon mistakes such as typographical errors made by users while entering a URL into a web browser. What?
- As part of its initiative "India Get Your Business Online", Google has put which legendary Delhi market, which has been in existence for over a hundred years, online?
- If SaaS is Software as a Service, IaaS is infrastructure as a service, then what is DRaaS?
- Which was the first Indian city to have a cell phone network?
- The term was first commercially used in August 1999 and was coined by brand consulting firm Interbrand corp. which was hired to think of a name "a little catchier than IEEE 802.11b Direct Sequence." Which term?
- This term refers to the use of computers and computer networks to political ends, chiefly free speech. The December 2010 attacks by Anonymous on the websites of Mastercard and Visa are a notable example of this. Which term?
- What is this character called?
- Location based social networking website founded by Dennis Crowley and Naveen Selvadurai?
- Company started by Kunal Bahl and Rohit Bansal?
- Where is Julian Assange currently? (In other words, which country's embassy has given him asylum?)
- ID this person who recently tried to take over DELL (options provided)
- Who is the author of the book "The TCS Way"?
- This image was recently on the cover of The Economist, talking about how we're all overloaded with data in the modern world. What does it refer to? (options provided)
- The Indian Government recently organised a 32-hour event to promote social media's involvement in making government decisions. What was it called? (options: hackathon, webinar, pub-opinion)
- Current CEO of HCL? (options provided)
Answers: 1. Wikivoyage 2. GM 3. Internet Kill Switch 4. Typosquatting 5. Chandni Chowk 6. Disaster Recovery as a Service 7. Kolkata 8. Wifi 9. Hacktivism 10. Clippy 11. Foursquare 12. Snapdeal 13. Ecuadorian Embassy 14. OLPC project 15. Carl Icahn 16. S. Ramadorai 17. Data Deluge 18. Hackathon 19. Anant Gupta
Cutoff: 13 or 14; we scored 18.
- Explain the origin of the name "Siri".
- ID this game.
- This company's new name is based on the first three letters of the name of one of the founders.
- "If I have seen farther it is by ___________." - Isaac Newton. Complete the quote using the tagline of a website and name the website.
- What is this?
- Mr. Taylor More’s two-bedroom bungalow “with beautiful mountain views” was sold at $405,000. What was unique about this transaction?
- Android logo, iPhone 5, 2009, i7500.
- Pegasus, etc.
- Fitbit Flex, etc.
- Innovation in the Open, etc.
- Syntax, semantics, photo of Konrad Zuse etc.
- Phoenix, WebRTC, Acid 100/100, etc.
- Expand "STEM".
- Partnership with Swiss company (not sure; my partner knew this) - DMD.
- TCS' tech education program for kids.
Internet of Things
- ATM, NCR logo, AT&T ad
- Cisco founder, etc. (The Human Network)
- Drew Houston, YCombinator, etc.
- Alexis Ohanian, etc.
Note: Please do not copy this post; link to it instead.